Shaping the future of a smart planet
HyperCube is an innovative, cost-effective solution that meets the requirements of millions intelligent connected objects to boost machine-to-machine (M2M) applications and to make internet of things (IoT) a reality.
Developed by MBI in collaboration with major satellite operators worldwide, HyperCube paves the way for the deployment of a satellite IP-based network, that enables M2M services, scalable to tens of millions users, with simple, consumer-grade equipment.
This ambitious target can be made possible thanks to the use of state-of-the-art techniques, such as bandwidth efficient protocols and advanced signal processing, that supports tens of million devices, using low-cost and power-saving equipment. This implies that HyperCube is a highly energy-efficient and green solution, which also proves to be resilient to unauthorized users and jamming operations, due to the low-power consumption (received powers are well below the noise level) that makes the signal to be hardly detectable.
Thanks to a medium access mechanism optimized for M2M applications, HyperCube dramatically reduces the operational costs at the operator side. Exploiting its flexibility and modularity, HyperCube can be fully integrated with the operator’s existing architecture, thus minimizing capital expenditure. Furthermore, the usage of software-defined radio (SDR) technology allows the system to be very flexible in terms of waveform design, reconfigurability, and interoperability, possibly addressing cognitive-radio systems with spectrum sensing.
The HyperCube platform represents the key solution to open the door for the development of a capillary eco-system of secure M2M networks, populated by an unprecedented population of connected devices that can benefit from the satellite connectivity in any environmental conditions – especially where the terrestrial infrastructure is not deployed due to economical inconvenience.
HyperCube offers a narrowband return link which is optimized for short transmissions with low duty cycle, thus making this system the ideal candidate to enable home automation and M2M green applica- tions, as well as two-way IP connectivity. Using highly efficient forward-link modulation and coding, based on DVB-S and IP standards, HyperCube offers in fact worldwide unicast and multicast/broadcast IP services to efficiently manage M2M worldwide, whose traffic, according to Cisco VNI Mobile 2015, is expected to grow 34-fold from 2014 to 2019, with a compound annual growth rate of 103%, the highest rate across all mobile device types.
Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) and data gathering
Home automation and security
eHealth, including remote alerts and observation
- Highly modular, flexible, scalable, and interoperable platform.
- Support for more than tens of millions standalone terminals.
- Usage of SDR technology for flexible, low-power and resilient transmissions.
- Usage of open standards for straightforward integration and operation.
- Easy-to-use network management system, with interfaces to existing management facilities.
- Low operational costs due to spectral-efficient access control mechanisms
- Cost-effective transceiver equipment for low-rate and low-power consumption at the M2M device.
- Support for M2M networks using tens of millions connected objects
- System optimization for both single and multiple-beam configurations, and for all
frequency ranges (L, S, C, Ku, and Ka bands)
- Highly scalable, modular and adaptive architecture, full integration with existing management facilities
- Interactivity provided to M2M via a satellite-only infrastructure, with remote software update through the forward link
- High energy efficiency and spectrum efficiency for low-cost and green terminals
- Additional integrated services, such as home automation and internet via satellite
Find more over our Advanced Telecommunication Systems
Internet of things
the proven solutions for your business